Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Optimism

I am an optimist. I believe in the glass half-full. I surround myself with positive thoughts. It never wavers...I always find the bright side of life (now I have that song in my head - "Always look on the bright side of life..."). Going into this whole IVF thing, I have it in my head that is is going to work and we are going to have a baby. I am my biggest cheerleader and there is no room in my head for doubt....lord knows it is too crowded in there with all the thoughts and plans that swirl around!

So it is with that optimism that I spend lots of time perusing the internet for baby stuff that I like. I know some will think this is pre-emptive (is that a word?) but for me it is part of the whole "see the baby, get the baby" attitude that I have. I guess it is something like "The Secret"...if you surround yourself with positive energy and thoughts, you will get what you want. I have found the crib bedding that I want for our very-soon-in-the-future baby.

How cute are these? I love them both! I asked BJ last night if it would be bad to order them both now. He said yes. No bad juju for this whole process so that means no purchases that are pregnancy or baby related. But I can tell you right now...as soon as I get the confirmation that we are pregnant and it is a viable pregnancy...I am going to order these sets. And yes I said sets...I plan to buy both so that I have them. When I find out what we are having...I can return the other one!
Today, I am home-bound, waiting for the rest of meds to be delivered. Sometime between 8 am and 3 pm...how's that for a window of time. But they need a signature and the meds are being shipped with a cold pack. So I get to spend the day doing stuff around the house. Yay.

2 comments:

Christa said...

HAHA! I remember that day! They told me the guy would show up between 8 and 12 and I was pretty pissed when he showed up right at 3. I took off the whole day just for him to show up at the end of the day.

LilPeach (aka Laura) said...

Nothing but positive vibes coming from the West Coast for you!