Wednesday, March 3, 2010

T minus 23 hours

The countdown is on! By this time tomorrow morning I will have done my first shot of Lupron for this IVF. This is still very surreal....somebody pinch me because I swear that I am dreaming.

I am very nervous about this first shot. What if I don't do it right? I am afraid that it is going to sting... a lot. But the thing that freaks me out the most is Friday...when I have to mix all three meds together. What if I do that wrong and this whole process gets screwed up? And how is it that three vials of powder mixed with one syringe of saline does not end up like glue? I knew I should have paid better attention in chemistry class. Thank God that my wonderful husband has a chemistry degree! He is very unphased by all of this...he is confident in his med mixing skills. This is why I love him so!

5 comments:

Christa said...

You'll see when you mix the meds. Its like powdered sugar, it dissolves instantly as soon as the saline hits the powder. It's pretty cool. After tomorrow the next two weeks will fly by, I swear!

The Wife said...

Thanks Christa! You are like my big sister through this...I got to see you do everything before I do!

The Spicy Chickadee said...

Christa is right, the stuff dissolves like you wouldn't believe! Also, I found that the only time the stim shots hurt was when I didn't wait for the alcohol swabbed area to dry first. If you have even a tiny bit of the stuff on your skin, it burns to high heaven. Does Womack have you mix the Lupron and the Menopur and Gonal-F together? When I did this before but not at Womack, I had to inject Lupron into one leg and the Menopur/Gonal-F into the other leg. Wishing you lots of luck, prayers, and hugs!!

The Wife said...

Yes Womack has their patients mix all three drugs together for one injection. I personally love them for this because I don't think I could do 2 or 3 all at once. Thanks for the prayers! I will take all I can get!

Jen said...

Amazing blog - full of honest emotion and I appreciate your thoughts. While I do not know you and one day hope our paths will cross - I am a true believer in the power of prayer. I will pray for you both - as nothing is impossible for God.

Keep faith, rub the penguin (loved that story)and try to stay positive even when it seems you cannot.

I'll be eagerly awaiting updates on your blog.

Best,
Jenny F