Saturday, October 9, 2010

Cautious Optimism

So after almost 3 years, 3 IVF's (or 2.2 since one did not make it to ER/ET) and so much heartbreak and tears.....we are pregnant!

I have been a bit under the radar for the past few days. Honestly we did not have much going on since my last post and then we got our BFP (big fat positive) and BJ and I had made the agreement to keep the news a bit hush hush until our second beta. So here is what has been going on for the last few days.....

To back up a bit, I have been POAS (peeing on a stick) since the day after my trigger. I will be honest...it was kind of fun to see those first few tests come up positive. :) The trigger was out of my system by Sunday. So I kept testing every day. Oh joys and addiction of POAS! On this past Wednesday morning, I tested again....at 9dp3dt and the morning of my first blood pregnancy test (beta)....and we saw a very, very faint second line. I was not really convinced that I was possibly pregnant. So off to the lab I went to get my blood drawn. We all know how much I love that!

I had a hair appointment...which I had made on purpose when BJ's eye surgery got canceled....I needed to keep myself distracted. So as I sat in the chair...with my head covered in tinfoil and my phone glued to my hand....the phone rang and it was Nurse D. She sounded excited. She asked if I had POAS yet...I told her every damn day! I told her that this mornings was a very faint line. She then said the words that I have been wanting to hear for 3 years....YOU'RE PREGNANT! My level (the amount of HCG hormone in my blood) was 35. The average for 9dp3dt is 25...so this was a good looking beta. I was crying, shaking and screaming for joy...the poor ladies in the salon did not know what to do with me. I called BJ right away and he reacted the same way. We are finally going to be parents!

Our plan for keeping it quiet somewhat derailed though....BJ told his staff (he was at the front desk and not in his office when he picked up the phone), so I called both our moms and let them know. Then I called my best friend...who I had also lied to about our test date (sorry Steph!)...and told her the big news. Well from there it spread a bit...but we wanted to still wait for a public announcement until after Friday's second beta. So I kept POAS Thursday and Friday. Here is a picture of our three sticks...you can see the line getting darker. By 11dp3dt there was no mistaking that the second was there....

Friday morning I had to get my blood drawn again. It was a bit of a rushed around thing...there is a whole other bit of excitement going on that I will post about tomorrow. (I know I am such a tease!) So as I was sitting in my spouse club board meeting I got the second call from Nurse D. My level needed to double to at least 70 or at least make a good rise....it was 83! We are definitely pregnant! Nurse D scheduled my first ultrasound for 7 weeks...right now we are about 4 weeks. I cannot wait to see this little one bouncing around in there. Oh and for good measure I POAS again today...this time a digital one. It makes my heart flutter to see this word....


Thank you all for all your kind words of support through all of this. We truly do appreciate the love, prayers and thoughts as we have taken this journey to get pregnant. Our little one still has many hurdles to cross over the next 9 months...so please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

7 comments:

kkasun said...

Congrats, how exciting! You are in my prayers for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

LilPeach (aka Laura) said...

You know how I feel. The prayers come easily.

Love,
Mom

Melis.sa said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your betas are almost exactly what mine were (36.5, 88.5) and I'm 11 weeks now :)

Praying for a healthy pregnancy for you and the baby!!

Abbie said...

CONGRATS!!! I am happy for you!

cntrygrl23 said...

That second picture is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen! ;) So happy for you and BJ.

Anonymous said...

I can just picture you covered in foil shaking like a leaf. Congratulations I pray you have a fanstastic 9 more months.

Scottie Mom said...

I knew it!! When you did not post either way when it was 14dpt! Congrats!