Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Little Surprise Beta

So I called Nurse D yesterday and had jokingly asked her how many more betas could I have. She told me not to worry about that unless I had any cramping or bleeding (which I do not have!). A couple of hours later she called me back and said that Dr. P had approved for me to get a repeat beta for today. I totally did not expect that but I happily ran down to the lab this morning!

My beta today was 878. Holy shit! I am for sure pregnant! And because I can't just know that number and not do anything about it...I googled. The average for 19 days past retrieval is 607....if we followed my doubling from last week it should have been around 400. Umm...it looks a bit high. Of course this really does not mean a whole lot....there are women that have really high betas (like triple my first two) and only have 1 baby, and there are others that have lower than mine and are pregnant with more than one. It is all a guessing game until that first ultrasound....which is now scheduled for Oct 26....two incredibly long weeks!

2 comments:

LilPeach (aka Laura) said...

Wowza! That's all I can say.

Jen said...

Oct. 26 is my husbands birthday and that by default is an awesome day - of which I am keeping my positive vibe for you! I've been following your story for quite some time now and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!