Saturday, January 29, 2011

We Bought Furniture!

Our sweet baby girl just got her bedroom furniture purchased for her!

It was a tough decision but we decided to go with JCPenney. I found a set that included the crib, tall dresser and low dresser for one price. It is the Hartford Straight-Back set....we love the simple, classic lines and of course the price. We wanted a set that would convert to a toddler bed and a full size bed and this totally fit the bill!

I really wanted to stay around $1000 for all of the furniture that we would need. This set is on sale for $750 so our $1000 got us the conversion rails and a bookcase. Tres important since reading is going to be part of our regular bedtime routine! We are re-using our LazyBoy recliner (covering it with a slipcover since it is navy blue)which makes me actually look forward to those middle of the night feedings. It is super comfy!

I am so excited for it to get here and set it all up!

We also decided on bedding for little Miss Madison. We are going with MiGi Blossom...totally girly without being obnoxious. I am thinking of doing the walls a lightly pink-tinted white. What do you think? This all started from wanting to find a cute knitted coming home outfit that would look good hanging from a shelf on the wall. I found a few things that I like but have not totally decided on that.

I have also made my first official purchase of clothes for her. Surprisingly harder than I thought it would be. I got a sleeper that is pink and white stripes and says "I love Daddy" on it and a yellow and white striped dress with navy blue polka dot trim and bloomers. And of course bows! She has to have bows!

1 comment:

LilPeach (aka Laura) said...

Love the furniture you picked. I shall assume that you chose the coffee finish unless you tell me otherwise.
You know I love the Migi Blossom pattern. As far as the paint goes, I'd take something from the bedding with you to color match--then go a shade lighter on the paint sample.
It's going to be a really cute room when you're finished. Maybe we'll go shopping/browsing while you're here.