Friday, January 21, 2011

Hi.

:::tap...tap...tap::: Is this thing on?

I have been gone. I make no apologies. I have been uninspired to write anything. But I have been informed by a few people that I have not updated my blog. So an update....

This pregnancy is going pretty well so far. Since I last wrote on here, I have had 2 OB appts and my anatomy scan. My OB says I am doing great. I actually am still about 1-2 lbs below my high IVF stim weight. Basically what is happening is that all the bloat and water weight gain from IVF stims is disappearing and the baby weight is creeping on in. I have a goal to not gain more than 20-25 lbs throughout the pregnancy. But I have to be honest...Kosher Dill Pickle flavored potato chips do not help. :)

Speaking of those...that is the only pregnancy craving that I have had so far. I will get hunger for other things but not like the "I need it now!" feeling I can get for those potato chips!

The most exciting thing that has happened since December is we found out that Nemo is a girl! I am beyond excited to have a daughter...my little girl. I would have be happy to have a boy too but I really wanted a little girl. Politically incorrect yes but it is how I felt. And I have thought since the moment that I saw that embryo that this was a little girl. Yay for mother's instinct!

So today I am 19 weeks...almost half way! I thought I should start doing weekly belly updates. So here goes my first one....


How Far Along: 19 weeks!
How Big is The Baby: about 6 inches long and 1/2 lb...about the size of a mango
Total Weight Gain: discussed above...still down 1-2 lbs
Maternity Clothes: oh my god yes...since about 9 weeks for pants. I can still wear some of my normal shirts but I do have maternity ones that cover much better. Dresses are not an issue
Sleep: I sleep fairly well...but I am waking up to use the bathroom each night (early morning) at about 4:30 am.
GENDER: It's a girl!!!
Movement: I don't think so yet...although honestly I am not sure. I feel bubbly feelings but it could totally be gas.
Food Cravings: see above :)
What I Miss: nothing really...the other day I really wanted a glass of wine but I have no desire to actually drink any.
What I'm looking forward to: Our trip back to Seattle in a few weeks to visit my family.
Milestones: found out the gender this week and I am getting more and more stranger comments....apparently I do look pregnant and not just fat!
Symptoms: nothing to really complain about...I am peeing more often

1 comment:

Melis.sa said...

Congratulations!!! wow, i can't believe you're already 19 weeks!!

For my first, to feel her move, i had to lie flat on my back and wait and then i'd feel little bubbles or something..

Aw and congratulations on a healthy baby girl!! :)