Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I may have screwed up...

A little background...

Around my birthday, I started feeling pretty crappy. I ended up with a pretty nasty sinus infection. I went to urgent care (since I could not get in at the Naval Hospital) and the PA gave me a script for an antibiotic. I spent a week on that and then saw my main doctor at the hospital. He changed my antibiotic to 21 days of Augmentin. I have been taking it for about 10 days. Well it dawned on me Monday...antibiotics and birth control pills don't mix!

I called Nurse D yesterday and told her what was going on. She agreed...antibiotics and BCP = not good. I decided to not take anymore antibiotic (I had not taken one Monday night or Tuesday morning) and hope and pray that the pills do their job and suppress my ovaries. We won't know until Feb 25th when I go in for my suppression check ultrasound. Ugh. Why I am so stupid? I could have screwed this all up and have to wait to cycle.

3 comments:

alimac33 said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry...I wouldn't have put the two together, either. I hope everything works out.

The Wife said...

Thanks! All I can do is wait it out...this is going to be one long week.

alimac33 said...

It definitely is going to be a long week. I'll be thinking of you!