Friday, October 23, 2009

This is what a totaled car looks like...

I knew the moment of the impact that my car was totaled. It was one of the first thoughts that went through my head. I guess you can call it one of those freaky "you just know" things. I thought I would share some of the pictures I took after the accident...

This is (of course) the front corner of my car. The point of impact.


The airbag that protected me from far worse injuries.

This is the driver's side. That is almost an inch gap that is not supposed to be there. This indicates that the frame is most likely bent. The picture below is the passenger side...notice there is virtually no space at all between the fender and the door. All this = not good!

I am going to miss this car. It was the first "major" purchase that BJ and I made in our marriage. We had planned to pay off both our vehicles and drive them for many years so that we could save the money we normally spend on car payments...guess it might be awhile before we do that.

No comments: