Sunday, October 18, 2009

BJ is gone...

...to ODS!

I know it has been FOREVER since I posted. We have been very busy over the last 6 weeks or so getting ready for this day. It is now official...we are a Navy family!

BJ got commissioned as a Lieutenant in mid September and it has been non-stop getting everything done before he left and preparing for our move to Camp LeJeune, NC. We have a tentative house...just waiting for final approval and a tentative move date. BJ graduates from ODS on November 20 and we will be leaving for NC on the 22nd...right before Thanksgiving! I still have a ton to do before going to Rhode Island for his graduation and when the movers come to pack us up. Yay for me...I get to that all on my own! (note the sarcasm...)

Here a few pictures from his commissioning....

BJ taking his oath


Susanne pinning BJ's rank on him for the first time...next time it will be to his uniform!

I promise...I swear...to keep this blog more updated. I probably won't hear much from BJ in the first couple of weeks but after that I should get a phone call every couple of nights. And if anyone feels like distracting me during this time...I have all the time in the world!

No comments: