Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions For The New Year

I know everyone (or at least it seems like everyone) has posted about their resolutions for 2012. And I am late once again. Figures.

I really only have 2...and they are both basically the same or at least related.

1. I am going to keep up with this blog. Even if it kills me. Even if not a soul reads it. No more 3 month gaps. Hopefully not even a week gap. My goal is to write at least every other day.
2. Starting on my birthday (January 20th) I am going to do a 365 project. Or in the case of this year...366. So that means a picture a day. I will try not to make every single one Madison. Key word is "try". ;-)

I also have some goals for the year. I can't really call them resolutions because they aren't.

1. Take a photography class
2. Either find a full time job or start my own temp business for dental assistants (now that my mom is moving in with us, she can watch Maddie while I work, and I kind of miss working, shocking I know!)
3. Give Madison a baby brother or sister

Yep that's right. I am going to learn how to take pictures!

Just kidding. Yes we are going to do IVF one more time. We thought that having one child would be okay...and it is...but we really want her to have a sibling. BJ and I are so close to our siblings and we both really want that for Madison. So I have sort of started the process. I stopped breastfeeding so that I could give my body a chance to go back to normal. I was one of the lucky ones that did not get a post-partum period while breastfeeding. Can I say how amazing it was to go 14 months without a period?

So anywho, I stopped when Madison turned 6 months. At that point I had over 2200 ounces of frozen breastmilk (BM) in the freezer and I figured that would last 3 months. And since I did not take any frozen BM with me for either trip and I use formula while we are out and about and when she goes to daycare....I still have over 1700 ounces in my stockpile! I am really am proud of myself for accomplishing that. It was a lot of hard work.

But back to the IVF...so in mid-December I went back to Dr. P and had new blood work done and a new saline sonogram. We also talked about how we would do things. Basically we are going to try and mimic my cycle that got us Maddie. We are going to attempt a natural start cycle. But I will still take BCP...I will just come off them a month early. Everything else will be the same...lupron, bravelle and menopur...pom juice.

The interesting part will be the timing. Stims will start the end of April and ER will be sometime between May 7-11. For those keeping track of dates...that would be right after Madison's first birthday. Which means I have to plan, set-up and host a birthday party while not being able to lift anything over 5 lbs. Ha! Oh and Madison's baptism. Bring it on!

So here is a picture to keep ya happy! (Otherwise know as me showing off my adorable daughter!)


Oh and one of my new favorites!

No comments: